Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Aravind Adiga wins Man Booker Prize 2008

Aravind Adiga's "The White Tiger" has been awarded the Man Booker Prize. It is a novel about the new India by a debut novelist.

Those who placed their bets on Sebastian Barry's "The Secret Scripture" or Amitav Ghosh's "Sea of Poppies" (another Indian novel!) must be surprised.

C'mon Desi Lit!

All in all, I'm happy because it was one of the novels I really wanted to read. Now it will be quite difficult to get a copy from the local library, anyway...

MORE TO COME ON THE BOOKER PRIZE...

4 comments:

  1. I agree: I want to read it as well! I'm very interested. Will take me another while though, still too many others on my TBR.
    But any time soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ho visto una sua foto oggi sul giornale... mamma mia quant'e' brutto!
    sembra il bratello gemello di angelino "lodo" alfano!!!
    buona giornata Stef.
    un abbraccio

    clauds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, non è esattamente bello, però che c'entra. Pure Saviano è brutto, eppure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. no, no, non volevo fare un discorso berlusconiano (o carfagnesco, scegli tu)... e' solo che vedendo la foto ero rimasta scioccata dalla somiglianza!
    e comunque a me piacciono i "tipi"! :-P

    un abbraccio
    clauds

    ReplyDelete